I have decided to join J. Kaye's Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge 2009. She is a big supporter of her local library and what better way to encourage others to use their library than to have a challenge such as this.
The rules are simple. Just read books checked out from your local library. They can be any kind of books including audio, downloads, children's, and YA. The challenge runs from 1/1/09 to 12/31/09.
There are three levels of challenges:
1. Read 12 books from your local library.
2. Read 25 books from your local library.
3. Read 50 books from your local library.
The only stipulation is that they HAVE to be read in 2009. You can join anytime. The other thing is that you have to choose which level you are going to complete when you join.That's it - just go to j. kaye's and sign up on Mr. Linky.
I will be doing the 25 book challenge to give myself some wiggle room. This challenge works for me since I have my own Book Challenge and planned to get the books from my local library anyways. Win win.........
Following is the list for the Library Challenge - I may revise occasionally depending on availability and will review as I complete each one:
- The Bluest Eye - completed
- Just too good to be true - completed
- Cather in the Rye - completed
- Love In The Time Of Cholera
- Pride and Prejudice
- Song of Solomon
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Jane Eyre
- Wuthering Heights
- Anna Karenia
- Great Expectations
- Little Women
- Catcher in the Rye - completed
- The Time Traveller’s Wife
- Orange, Mint & Honey - completed
- The Women of Brewster Place
- The Great Gatsby
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Grapes of Wrath
- The Wind in the Willows
- The Kite Runner - completed
- Their eyes were watching God
- Three cups of tea
- A Thousand Splendid Suns
- Notes From A Small Island